My sweet little Yoda

20.10.08


I feel guilty. Really guilty.
My darling little cat, Yoda, is in 'hospital' as I write. He has a broken jaw and the reason I feel so guilty is the fact that he must have broken it when he was just a wee kitten.
When he was just a couple of weeks old, he fell from quite a height. He seemed absolutely fine after the initial shock wore off and we 'assumed' that there was no damage. In hindsight, I wish we had taken him to the vet then.
Lately we had noticed that his mouth was a bit 'yucky' and smelly so we took him to the vet in Lagos who told us that his jaw had been broken at some time in his life and had fused back together in a crooked way which was causing the problem.
The vet advised us to leave Yoda with him over the weekend and he would try and operate today. All weekend its been so strange not having the lovely little fella whining by my feet, following my everywhere. I miss him. I really do. I hope he can come home later today so I can cuddle him!!
Speaking of our vet... he is quite a celebrity in the UK. He is Dr. Scott who often appears on ITV. He is a fantastic veterinarian and a lovely guy. He recently got married - pictures of which appeared in Hello Magazine.
We only mingle with the stars... dahling!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs