Q&A with author and editor Ashley Kay

27.7.11

Today I'm extending a warm welcome to Editor and Author Ashley Kay who is here to answer my questions...

Have you ever read a book that made you think 'wow'? If so, what book was it and why did it have such an effect on you?I would have to say "Becoming the Sheriff's Wife" by Trish Mauldin or "In The Land of Winter" by Margaret Bechtel. The reasoning is because in both stories the main characters had had such a traumatic experience in their life and they had to learn to over come it, to work through it. The traumatic experiences they had faced just made you go "wow" and then when they finally learned to work through it, to get through it, it was great. I think I found these two stories to be so touching because they have real life aspects in them. Things that truly do happen, experiences that people have had. The two stories, though had romance in them, were very dramatic in ways and really have an impact on the reader. They also show that you can over come obstacles and get through bad situations.

Who is your favorite author and why?
I have been asked this one before, and I truthfully cannot just choose one author to be my favorite. I have read so many great books by different writers.

What is your all-time favorite book cover?
Hmmm...can I choose my own? Hehe. Okay..I have many. I am a big cover person. A few would be: Unearthly, Tiger's Curse, Tempest Rising, and there are just so many more.

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why?
I think I would actually choose to go with Poe, Hemingway and Shakespeare. I think that would be a very interesting dinner and I would probably crack up laughing, a lot, making them think I was crazy.

Who, or what, inspires you?
Many different things inspire me. I was recently inspired by rain. That's right. It was raining, lightly, and I was at my laptop next to the window. All of a sudden I started writing something, that I had no clue what it was. It's actually pretty good, if I do say so myself. I have also been inspired by sunsets, the beach, the woods, many different things.

Where is your favorite place to write?
My favorite places of all, are Dunkin' Donuts and a park. I am very comfortable at my DD, and then writing in the park can just be so peaceful.

What is your book about?
Which one? I have many I am currently working on, then I have one that is out. It has actually turned into more of a prologue, the beginning, of a bigger story that I didn't know was there really. The title is (just for the prologue) "Nightmares" by A.L Kay, published by Vamptasy Publishing. It's about a girl named Kristi who starts having Nightmares of something attacking her. Will it come true? Will she survive? You have to read to find out. :)

What is your favorite film that was based on a book?
Currently...I would have to say I Am Number Four. I really enjoyed it.

If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the main characters?
I would have to pick people, actors, that are unknown. New talent for sure and I would have to be the one to make the final decisions on who plays my characters.

Tell us a random fact about yourself.
I am a natural blonde, I am six feet tall and I have 3 cats. I want to have many animals on acres of land one day. I love old historic houses (including haunted ones).

Tell us something interesting about the area where you live.
Interesting about where I live? I live in Jacksonville, FL and there are not many interesting things. We have not had a hurricane hit us for a very long time. They seem to go around us. 

Winter or summer? Winter for sure.
Ebook or paperback? Paperback, but prefer hardback.
Favourite food? Italian and Mexican. Dessert? Fried Ice cream or Chocotacos.
Sporty or couch potato? I am more in the middle.
Cook or be cooked for? Definitely to be cooked for. I cannot cook.
Link to your website, blog or both: The following are my Facebook and Author page on Vamptasy Publishing.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001611838980
http://www.vamptasypublishing.co.uk/#/ashley/4553073710

Thanks for taking part in the interview, Ashley!  I'm still in shock that you're a natural blonde!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs