Q&A with author Samantha Towle

22.8.11

A very warm welcome to the author of The Bringer, Samantha Towle....

Name one book that made you think 'wow'? Why did it have such an effect on you?
‘Red Dragon’ by Thomas Harris. Because it’s awesome! I sound like a broken record because I say this in every interview I do, but I love that book because it drew me in from the first line and kept me gripped until the end. It was on my mind for days after I read it. Thomas Harris is a genius writer.

Who is your favourite author and why?
I have two Thomas Harris – for all the reasons I said above, and Charlaine Harris, because she created this fabulous world with her ‘True Blood’ series. She somehow managed to bring an unbelievable world into the real world and make you it work. And also, because she has the wonderful knack of making you fall in love with the bad guy every time!

Name one of your all-time favourite book covers?
Can I say my own?! Well, aside from mine, I do love the cover for Twilight. So simple yet so effective. It’s very eye-catching.

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why?
Thomas Harris, because he’s awesome. Charlaine Harris, so I could quiz her about my favourite ‘True Blood’ characters and what her inspiration for them was. William Shakespeare, so I could ask him if he knew back then how truly great he was and what he thinks about how revered he is in today’s modern world. And lastly, Sophie Kinsella, because I think she’s fabulous and incredibly talented.

Who, or what, inspires you? 
My husband and children inspire me every day. And music. I can’t write a single word without it. The idea for ‘The Bringer’ came from a song ‘Don’t Cry’ by Guns N’ Roses.

Where is your favourite place to write?
At home, sat in my living, laptop on my knee, with a cup of coffee and a pack of biscuits sitting beside me.

What is your favourite film that was based on a book?
I can be a bit critical when films are based on books, but for me the Harry Potter films have been done very well.

What is your book about?


The Bringer is a paranormal romance, filled with twists and turns, tons of love and other emotions all poured in there. It’s not your ‘average’ angel novel, which is what I think readers will like about it.

If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the main characters? 



Ooh I love this question! I’d have Lyndsy Fonseca as Lucyna, Alex O'Loughlin as James, and Ian Somerhalder as Arlo.

Tell us a random fact about yourself.
I’m terrified of clowns! I literally can’t look at them on the TV, let alone have one near me.

Tell us something interesting about the area where you live.

Hull has a great history and is traditionally known as a fishing port. Many great writers, poets, politicians and musicians have all hailed from Hull.

Winter or summer? Summer
Ebook or paperback? I’ll probably get heckled for saying this but – paperback.
Favourite food? Ice cream – especially Ben & Jerry’s Half-Baked.
Sporty or couch potato? Couch potato
Cook or be cooked for? Cook

Link to your blog: http://samanthatowle.blogspot.com/

2 comments :

  1. Okay, I'm going to have to add 'Red Dragon' to my TBR pile now! It's growing longer all the time. The Bringer is already on there of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you enjoy The Bringer, Amanda! And Red Dragon too – it really is a brilliant book - the film's not so good though! x

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs