YA Indie Carnival: Indie Idol

23.9.11


I'm absolutely delighted to have one of my favourite indie authors here today. Johanna Frappier is the author of Fairy Circle, a truly fabulous novel. She is my YA Indie Idol....

Name one book that made you think 'wow'? Why did it have such an effect on you? 
My 'wow' book is IMAGIKA, by Clive Barker. His images are so powerful I was truly frightened, mesmerized, grossed-out, hopeful, happy/sad - the whole bit!

Who is your favourite author and why? 
I love Clive Barker and Mary Stewart equally, but for two very different reasons: CB takes me to Heaven and Hell, and MS lulls me with such beautiful prose - she's always magic.

What is your all-time favourite book cover? 
I love to see Grimm's Fairy Tales with an Arthur Rackham illustration on the cover.

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why? 
My two faves of course! And how in the world would those two get along? LOL. He seems so modern and horrific and she seems so traditional and beautiful - I'd love to host them!

Who, or what, inspires you? 
My husband, Leo, inspires me - he's a dreamer AND a doer. I haven't come across that very often.

Where is your favourite place to write? 
In any quiet, empty space I can find.

What is your book about? 
The Fairy Circle Series is about recent high school grad, Saffron Keller. In FAIRY CIRCLE, she is afraid to leave her mother's yard and doesn't know why. Fairies take her soul to their realm one night, and thereafter her life gets freaky. She sees creatures in the woods and in her house. She gets stalked by a vampire, and learns that two of the fairies shared past lives with her.

What is your favourite film that was based on a book? 
All of the HARRY POTTER's. I can't begin to describe my depression to you - now that it's all over!

If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the main characters?
Steven Straight
LOVE this question! I'd love Steven Strait (the bad boy in Sky High) to be the vampire, Jethin. 

Ethan peck
I need Ethan Peck (the bad boy in the TV series, 10 Things I Hate About You) to be that naughty fairy, Ny. 










Rachelle Lefevre
Love, love, love Rachelle Lefevre (Victoria in the 1st Twilight) to be the fairy, Li. I'd like a new-comer to be Saffron. :D

Tell us a random fact about yourself.
I can put my ankles behind my head.

Tell us something interesting about the area where you live. 
We have four seasons and I couldn't live happy without them.

Winter or summer? Winter

Ebook or paperback? Yes!

Favourite food? Pastapizzapaninis

Sporty or couch potato? Depends on my fugue state.

Cook or be cooked for? Again, depends on which pesonality is manning my helm.

Link to your blog www.johannafrappier.blogspot.com

Johanna, thank you so much for agreeing to be interviewed. It was a pleasure having you here. Your answers are fantatsic. (I think you should send us a photo of you putting your ankles behind your head!! he he he )


Ready to take another ride? NEED MORE? Swing by these wonderful YA Indie writers and reviewers for more...
But first... this week sees the release of 13 ON HALLOWEEN by Laura A.H Elliott. Check it out over at http://laurasmagicday.wordpress.com/13-on-halloween-trailer/The Fuji Mermaid Dani Snell's Refracted Light Reviews
Leopard Girl Patti Larsen Author of The Ghost Boy of MacKenzie House, The Hunted Series and the Hayle Coven Novels
Fire Breather Courtney Cole Author of Every Last Kiss, Fated, Princess, and Guardian. Also a contributing author in The Glassheart Chronicles
Strong Woman Nicole Williams Author of Eternal Eden, and Fallen Eden. She is also a contributing author in the Glassheart Chronicles
Champion Sword Swallower Fisher Amelie Author of The Understorey, as well as a contributing author in The Glassheart Chronicles
Siren Laura A. H. Elliott Author of Winnemucca and soon to be released 13 on Halloween
Snake Charmer Amy Maurer Jones Author of The Soul Quest Trilogy as well as a contributing author in The Glassheart Chronicles
Pretzel Woman Rachel Coles. Geek Mom. Book Reviewer Author of Diary of a Duct Tape Zombie, Whistles, Beergarden, Plagues, Bees of St. John, and Mushrooms
The Giant T. R. Graves T.R. Graves: Author of Warriors of the Cross
Jungle Woman P.J. Hoover Author of Solstice, The Emerald Tablet, The Navel of the World, The Necropolis
Shape Shifter Alicia McCalla Author of the upcoming science-fiction novel Breaking Free
Tarot Card Reader Heather Cashman Author of Perception
Fortune Teller Abbi Glines Author of Breathe, and the upcoming Existence and Vincent Boys
Knife Thrower Cheri Schmidt Author of Fateful, Fractured, and Fair Maiden
Fire Dancer Lexus Luke Author of Manitou, The Sky People Saga
Fire Breather Suzy Turner Author of December Moon and Raven
Dragonslayer K. C. Blake Author of Vampire Rules
Elephant Trainer Gwenn Wright Author of Filter
Ring-Leader Kimberly Kinrade Author of Bits of You, Pieces of Me and Forbidden 

Mind Prestidigitator J.L. Bryan Author of Paranormals series- Jenny Pox. Tommy Nightmare & Alexander Death
Darby Karchut Author of Griffin Rising

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs