YA Indie Carnival: Blast from the past

4.11.11


I think of Blast from the Past and I think of that awesome movie starring Brendan Frasier... you know, the one here he is born in a bunker, raised on the belief that there was a nuclear war back in the 70s (or was it the 60s?) but when he manages to get out, he has to come to terms with life as it is today. It's a fabulous film, I really ought to watch it again soon!
But the point of this week's YA Indie Carnival is a blast from the past, from high school! Oh dear! Us Carnis were tasked with finding something that we wrote down in high school that we would like to share with our readers. Now, therein lies the problem for me, I never kept anything from school... no school books, no note pads, no stories, nothing, zip, zilch. So, what to do? Well, I could tell you about the notes that I probably wrote down all the time: S hearts M (cheesy, huh?).
S of course stands for Suzy and M stands for Michael... my husband! Yes, I met my husband when I was just a wee lass of 16, still in school, and we stuck together through thick and thin, got engaged on my 21st birthday and married when I was 22 (that was... errrrm, 13 years ago!). He's a fantastic bloke, very supportive and extremely hard working. Yes, he can be a pain in the ass sometimes but then so can I! So, almost 20 years on, and I'm still scribbling down S hearts M. Okay, maybe I'm not physically writing it down but I am mentally!
Now, if you'd like to read about some proper genuine, high school blasts from the past, then check out my fabulous fellow carnis...
1. Laura A. H. Elliott author of Winnemucca & 13 on Halloween, Book 1 in the Teen Halloween Series

4 comments :

  1. Brendan Fraser... huh! Has he been in anything lately? You never really hear about him.

    I think your blast from the past is awesome. Congrats to you and Michael on being together for 20 years and I think it's sweet that you guys still have the kind of relationship that still makes you want to doodle S+M :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dani!!
    I love Brendan Fraser... well, I used to but you're right, we don't see that much of him these days do we?
    Thanks for your kind words... we do have a great relationship! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually had to dig to find something myself... most of my teen writing is long gone (fortunately!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting, Patti! It wasn't an easy task was it? lol

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs