YA Indie Carnival: Some like it hot!

10.2.12

Today at the Indie Carnival we're getting all hot and steamy. Yep, we're talking about steamy excerpts. As my books are aimed at anyone from aged eight upwards, The Raven Saga contains nothing remotely rude as it just wouldn't be appropriate. But I do like to read a good steamy scene as much as the next woman. In fact, when I was growing up I admit that I learned rather a lot from books with scenes like that! Jilly Cooper was a particular favourite, as her novels were hilariously funny too. I also enjoyed a good Jackie Collins (certainly a bit ruder, I might add) but then, didn't we all... perhaps some of you in secret?
I do write chick lit, although I'm yet to finish and publish any in that genre, but they will contain the odd steamy scene. It wouldn't be chick lit without it, would it?
Recently I was given a few books by Gena Rowland. The Atlantis series, I think it was called. I blushed my way through the first. Its not that I'm a prude (although that's exactly what my sister called me afterwards!), it's just that I wasn't expecting it. I was expecting it to be a bit more YA because I'd been reading a lot of YA up to that point... but it wasn't... at all like that. There was an awful lot of, well... you know! (Now I do sound like a prude!) I haven't read the others yet, not because I don't want to, simply because they're in paperback and I love my Kindle too much. Perhaps one of these days I'll get round to downloading them instead.

Click here for more Indie News:


Check out what my fellow carnis think of steamy excerpts:
1. Laura A. H. Elliott author of Winnemucca & 13 on Halloween, Book 1 in the Teen Halloween Series
2. Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3. Heather Self

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs