#YAIndieCarnival: Serial Novels

19.10.12

This week we're talking about serial novels. To be completely honest, I'd never even heard of it until I learned that it would be a subject matter for this week! Serial novels? You ask? Why?
My thoughts exactly... the idea scares me. When I write a novel, I often go back and make drastic changes (don't we all?) that alters the entire feel of the book. What on earth would I do had I already published a chapter and wanted to change it?
I suppose it's a brand new challenge but not one that I feel ready for... at least not yet anyway. Perhaps I will change my mind if opportunities present themselves but I can't see it happening myself.
From a reader's perspective, I also am not keen on the idea. When I'm reading a book, I WANT all chapters right there and then. I don't want to have to wait for next chapter to be written!! Heck no!!
Image courtesy of imagerymajestic / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
It's a bit like TV shows... when I'm totally enthralled by a show, I hate it when it suddenly ends and I have to wait a week... a whole week... to see the next episode. As you can tell, I'm not the most patient of people. And when a show ends on a cliff hanger and we have to wait a whole season to find out what happens... well, I just wanna scream! I would be exactly the same with the book... actually, possibly worse. What do you think? Are serial novels for you?
To find out more opportunities that have been opened up for my fellow carnies, visit their sites below...

1. Laura A. H. Elliott author of Winnemucca & 13 on Halloween, Book 1 in the Teen Halloween Series
2. Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs