Thursday Threesome: top chick flicks

6.12.12

I can't believe it's Thursday again. It only seemed like yesterday that I was blogging about my top three horror reads!
This week I want to post my top three chick flicks... movies that stole my heart for various reasons. As I'm such a massive chick flick fan, it was tough choosing just three...but here they are. Three chick flicks that always warm the cockles of my heart...
Hope Floats
I'm a huge Sandra Bullock fan and I can't even count how many times I've watched this movie... it gets me every time. I love the chemistry between Sandra and Harry Connick Jr (he is rather nice isn't he?). Its so touching. In fact, I think I might just pop the DVD in and watch it again this weekend... sigh.
Practical Magic
Yes, another Sandra Bullock flick. This is perhaps my top favourite chick flick because not only does it contain a splash of romance with the rather dishy Aidan Quinn but it's full of witchy supernatural fun! It's like this movie was just made for me!
Serendipity
Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack are marvelous in this New York tale of love. Its one of those movies that makes you totally believe in true love (of course I already believe, having been with my soul mate since I was 16). I just adore this film! Its such a shame that somebody borrowed by DVD and NEVER GAVE IT BACK GRRRRRR


3 comments :

  1. I saw the first two, but I have never seen "Serendipity". I just watched "12 Dates of Christmas" last night on Netflix. It was cute...sort of a romantic comedy version of "Groundhog Day".

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I haven't seen ANY of these. What a great post Suzy :) Thanks for the great suggestions. I'm always looking for a great chickflick! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura I can't believe you haven't seen these movies!!!!!!!!!! You MUST get hold of copies. They're AMAZING!! XXX

    Elizabeth, Serendipity is just lovely. Clearly, I highly recommend it! I haven't heard of 12 Dates of Christmas... I do love a good Christmas movies so I should look it up!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs