Thursday Threesome: The top fantasy movies of all times

13.12.12

Thursday Threesome, you ask? Well that should mean my top three... but I'm going to include all my other faves too, because there are just too many others not to mention, right? Okay, so here goes...

1. Harry Potter series

Ever since Daniel Radcliffe came on the scene back in 2001, I've been completely and utterly hooked on this series. Like many others, I devoured the books first, saw each movie at the cinema and then bought every DVD. Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson grew up before our very eyes, getting better at acting with each film. I know I will never tire of the Harry Potter series. Will you?

2. Avatar
I saw it at the cinema in all its 3D glory and then watched it on a much smaller 32 inch TV and it was still as brilliant! Avatar has everything, action, romance, drama, fantasy. Its one of the most beautiful fantasy movies I've ever seen. I mean, the Tree of Souls? Gorgeous, just gorgeous.

3. The Tenth Kingdom
Okay, so technically this isn't a movie as such. Its a mini series but its just so awesome, I had to include it in my top three. The Tenth Kingdom is about a young woman and her father after they are transported from New York through a magical mirror into a parallel world of fairy tales, magical creatures, evil stepmothers and self-discovery.

And because there are tonnes of other mega awesome fantasy movies out there, I just had to share some of my other close favourites. Do you agree with me? Did I miss any?

Princess Bride


Ella Enchanted

The Chronicles of Narnia

Willow
Neverending Story
Lord of the Rings
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Corpse Bride
Pirates of the Caribbean
Hocus Pocus
Hook
Nanny McPhee
Mary Poppins

The waterbabies

The Golden Compass
Legend
How The Grinch Stole Christmas
Enchanted
Inkheart
Dragonheart
Alice in Wonderland

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
The Spiderwick Chronicles
Stardust

Aquamarine

Splash
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Edward Scissorhands
The Wizard of Oz
Eragon
The Dark Crystal

The Snow Queen
Snow White - The Fairest of Them All
Merlin

The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns
Practical Magic
Conan the Barbarian
Clash of the Titans
Gremlins
Ghostbusters
Big Trouble in Little China
Mannequin
Beetlejuice
Big
Teen Witch
Casper
The Borrowers
Arthur and the Invisibles
Bridge to Terabithia
The Seeker: The Dark is Rising
The Water Horse
Bedtime Stories
City of Ember
Journey to the Centre of the Earth
Because my books are aimed at kids and young adults, I've not included any really scary fantasy movies but I know there are tonnes of super cool ones out there! So what do you think of my list?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs