Monday Mortals: Lindy Zart

3.3.13

Today, I'm delighted to introduce author of Ordinary, Lindy Zart!

Hi Lindy! Can you tell us a little about your latest book.
Yes. I can. Oh, you want me to? Okay. Ordinary is about people who think they're (fairly) normal and find out they're not and all the things going around them they never would have guessed were possible. In summary.

What inspired you to write it? 
I always wanted to write something about "zombies" (I don't know why; I'm weird like that, I guess), but of course, change it up and make it original. I did that with "Ordinary." At least, that was my goal.

Is it part of a series? 

Yes. I'm looking to write at least, three, maybe four, books in the series.

If your latest book was made into a movie, who would you like to play the main characters? 
photo credit: david_shankbone via photopin cc
photo credit: b.m.a.n. via photopin cc
Me as Honor, of course. Kidding. Eric Bana could be Nealon, Paul Wesley could be Ryder (he could be anyone, really, and I'd be happy), Josh Hutcherson as Christian, and actually, Jennifer Lawrence would be a wicked Honor.

What made you want to become an author? 
I wanted to move people, make something I did matter, even if it was only with words. Although, words are the greatest power you can have, I think. You want a super power? Spout off some nonsense and see how it affects people. Yeah. Words do that.

Name one of your all-time favourite book covers? 
I can't. I love too many of them.

Name one book that made you think 'wow'? Why did it have such an effect on you? 
Anybody Out There? By Marian Keyes. I had no idea what I was getting in to when I started reading it. I generally stay away from books that are sad because, well, I don't like being sad. I was too far into it to stop once the tears started flowing. Beautiful, heartbreaking story. Ever read it? You should.

Who, or what, inspires you? 
I always get asked this. I. Don't. Know. Everything and nothing, I suppose. A picture, a word, a movie, a dream. Absolutely nothing.

Where is your favourite place to write? 
I don't know if it's my favorite, but it's the place I end up in the most: my bedroom. Yep.

What is your favourite movie that was based on a book? 
This is another hard question. These are all hard questions, actually. I'm going to toss out the first one that comes to mind. The Harry Potter movies. Yeah. I know. But I really think they did a great job with the movies. That doesn't happen a lot when a book is converted into a movie, and they did a SERIES of them.

Who is your favourite author (s) and why? 
Oh! This is an easy one. Finally! My favorite author of all time is Susan Elizabeth Phillips BECAUSE she writes with depth, humor, and love. Her books make me sad, make me laugh, and I hate when they end, I really do.

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why? Stephen King. I'd like to ask him how he got to be so messed up.

Tell us a random fact about yourself. 
I could eat pizza every day, all day, FOREVER. No lie.

Tell us something interesting about the area where you live. 
My town is dubbed the Turkey Hunting Capital of the State. For real. Woo hoo!

Its been an absolute pleasure having you here, Lindy. Thank you for stopping by. I'm still giggling at your last two answers he he he

Links to your website / facebook / twitter / youtube, etc:
https://twitter.com/lindyzart
https://www.facebook.com/lindyzart
http://www.goodreads.com/lindyzart
http://www.amazon.com/author/lindyzart
http://lindyzartauthor.blogspot.com

2 comments :

  1. I can't pick a favorite book either. Impossible. Stephen King would be great to hang out with...if he didn't scare the lights out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's a tough question... that's why I ask it! I love to see my fellow authors struggle to answer it and it's always fascinating to see what they come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs