#YAIndieCarnival: Formatting (Challenges & Achievements)

8.4.13



When I first started out in self publishing, I was terrified at the prospect of formatting my books. I read up so much about it, that I thought it must be so incredibly difficult to get it right, that I would be curled up in a corner, whimpering.
And then I stumbled across a marvelous style guide by Smashwords' Mark Coker. It laid things out simply and easily... and I haven't looked back since!
I am still a little confused about how to successfully add a contents page, and so any advice there would be most welcome! I'd also like your opinion on Scrivener. If you have it, do you use it a lot? Is it worth the money? How best has it helped you?
Thanks guys and gals!

Don't forget to download your FREE copy of my book, Daisy Madigan's Paradise here and your FREE copy of Raven here.

1. Laura A. H. Elliott author of Winnemucca & 13 on Halloween, Book 1 in the Teen Halloween Series
2. Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3. Heather Self
4. T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series
5. Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga
6. Cheri Schmidt, author of the Fateful Trilogy
7. Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog
8. K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed
9. Patti Larsen, The Hunted series and The Hayle Coven series
10. Amy Maurer Jones, Author of The Soul Quest Trilogy
11. Fisher Amelie, author of The Understorey
12. Gwenn Wright, author of Filter
13. Melissa Pearl, Author of The Time Spirit Trilogy
14. Heather M. White, author of The Destiny Saga
15. Courtney Cole Writes
16. Liz Long | Just another writer on the loose.
17. Ella James
18. Maureen Murrish
19. Valerie Sloan
20. YA Sci Fi Author's Ramblings
21. Terah Edun, author of Red Madrassa and An Amlah's Diary

Click here for more Indie News:

2 comments :

  1. I've not used Scrivener, but the concept behind the application is great. I've read other people swear by it. Being the computer programmer (aka geek) that I am, I wrote my own writing app years ago and am now upgrading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL being a geek these days is totally cool, Jeff! I'm very impressed... do tell me more about your writing app when it's finished! :D

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs