Indie Life: My hectic month

9.10.13

YAY! It's time for Indie Life! I missed it last month - I got so distracted with everything else that's been going on (and there has been a HECK of a lot going on, I can tell you!), and that's why I'm here today. To let you know all my wonderful news...

Firstly, I created a brand new blog for women's fiction (www.fictiondreams.com) and it's been going absolutely MAD since day one! I have been inundated with requests to appear on the blog, I have introduced a new member of the team (Eloise Walton), we have interviewed some of the most amazing authors out there including Joanne Harris... yes, THE Joanne Harris, author of Chocolat! We've had Mandy Baggot, Paige Toon, Suzie Tullett, Jinx Schwartz, oh so many! I've even been in touch with Gena Showalter who has answered a few questions which will be posted in a few weeks from now.
If you're interested in being featured on the blog, just email me at suzyturnerbooks (hotmail[dot]com) but please note that we're pretty full up until the new year already (I will be taking 3 weeks off over Christmas YAY!)

Secondly, I joined a fabulous bunch of vampire novelists and we launched Darlings of Darkness, a vampire anthology that has gone off with a bang! Seriously, within a week or so of going #FREE, it jumped to the top of the charts. How awesome is that? Here's some info about Darlings of Darkness.

Thirdly, I joined an amazing group of YA authors called the Society of YA Storytellers. Check them out here.

And last, and by no means least... I released my seventh book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! It's my very first chick lit novel (which has always been my first love, I just adore reading chick lit so it just seemed like a natural progression to write it!). It's called Forever Fredless. Here's the cover and synopsis:

Kate Robinson has spent the past two decades yearning to find her soul mate, the boy she found and then lost during a family holiday.
Shortly after her twenty-eighth birthday, however, she inherits a fortune from an old family friend and becomes something of an overnight celebrity. Can her new-found fame lead her to him after all this time?

Do you love it?
It's already been receiving some amazing attention too, which has almost given me a permanent grin. Here's what some readers have said:

"I'm not really one for none paranormal books but I loved this book and didn't want it to end , I was so wrapped up in forever needless at one point I forgot it was a story :) so well written and the characters are great .I want to be Kate :) well done suzy for another outstanding book"

"I don't usually read chick lit books because I consider them sappy, where most times the heroine spends the entire time whining about the man she can't get. But nope, not this one! Kate is a wonderful main character. She is strong, independent and not moping around for her long-lost man. She has a great life with a rewarding career and devoted friends, and suddenly, out of the blue, a huge inheritence from a long-lost uncle she never really knew. Yes, her Fred from her memories is always with her, but the book is mostly about her relationships with her friends, the people and men she meets along the way, not to mention how in the world she is going to handle her new-found riches. Kate is a loveable character, and she and her friends have just the relationship any woman would want to be a part of. They are all so much fun, as is this book. A wonderfully fun, light, happy read. Just what chick lit should be!"
"Suzy Turner you have found your calling. More of this please! You have made a die hard fan!!If you want a fun romance read, which is a bit dramatic, this is the book you should read! If you loved Helen Fielding's books (like Bridget Jones' Diary, and Oliver Joules and The Overactive Imagination) then you will definitely LOVE Forever Fredless.
There is no nitty gritty adult stuff in here, so it's safe for even teens to read. It was just lovely! I highly recommend this novel to everyone! (and I think I will recommend it to my book club!)"


I think that's about it... but it's difficult to say because my brain is now like scrambled eggs. I seriously don't know if I'm coming or going! But, as always, I LOVE to hear from you folks so do leave me a comment or shout out on twitter or facebook. I do like to chat!! Until next month, Indie Lifers :D


2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness. You are the shiz! I feel a bit sluggish in comparison. Now off to check out the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, seventh book! Impressive. Beautiful cover too. I'm adding it to my TBR pile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs