YA Storytellers: Villain Takeover Day

28.2.14

I'm so excited today to be a part of the YA Storytellers' Villain Takeover day. YAY!! I'm delighted (and slightly scared) to have one of Liz Long's villains taking over the blog! Check it out.....

My name is Dr. Felix J. Hardy and I’m one of the world’s greatest scientists. I’m a human, but there’s no doubting my brain is nearly that of a Learner (a particular brand of gifted being who, you know, can learn a lot). In fact, I’d be willing to bet I’m smarter than most Learners when it comes to the science of DNA.
You probably haven’t heard of me because I’ve spent my entire life’s work inside a lab, working for a bunch of gifted jerks who think they’re better than everyone else. But I showed them when I managed to make myself gifted. Sure, it was by accident, but now I’m on the brink of something incredible. Not only will I be able to give humans the opportunity to become gifted, but I’m going to…no, you know what, I can’t risk telling you. I can’t tell anyone. If I tell you, you’ll figure out a way to do it yourself and I can’t have that. Even worse, you’d run and tell him.
Sheffield Donovan is not just the ringmaster of his show, the Donovan Circus. He’s dangerous, a bully that could ruin everything for me. I’m man enough to admit he’s the one person who could stop me. His gift is undeniably good; I wish I could get my syringe in him to get a blood sample. With his gift, I’d be unstoppable. Alas, I can’t endanger my plan now, not when I’m so close. He’s busy right now anyway, especially now that the girl’s arrived. He’s waited years for this. Then again, so have I.
Lucy Sullivan. The last piece of my puzzle. She will change everything for me. She will change everything for the gifted world. I’ve poked and prodded every gifted being in my path, but she will be my crowning achievement. She doesn’t even realize how truly powerful she is, but I’ll make her see. At least long enough to understand before I take her gift for my own and become the most powerful gifted this world’s ever seen. Then I’ll link the human and gifted world and lead us into a new era. Not even Sheffield or his precious Firestarter will be able to stop me.
It’s time to put my plan into action. Tomorrow, the first death will set everything in motion. Lucy’s gift of fire will be mine and I will have everything I’ve worked so hard for. Tomorrow is the beginning of the end for the gifted world and its secrets.

Read more about Felix Hardy in Gifted, A Donovan Circus Novel by Liz Long, now on sale for only 99 cents for your Kindle! (We’re celebrating recently released book 2 in the series, Burned) Thanks to AUTHOR for hosting this Fun Friday Villain Takeover for the Society of YA Storytellers!

2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for hosting my villain today Suzy!! I'm so glad you were able to have Felix on, despite his being an insane jerk ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its such a pleasure, Liz! I was thrilled when I learned I would be hosting you :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs