Review: The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

10.7.14

Cassie Hobbes is not like most teenagers. Most teenagers don’t lose their mother in a bloody, unsolved kidnapping. Most teenagers can’t tell who you are, where you’re from and how you’re likely to behave within moments of meeting you. And most teenagers don’t get chosen to join The Naturals.
Identified by the FBI as uniquely gifted, Cassie is recruited to an elite school where a small number of teens are trained to hone their exceptional abilites.
For Cassie, trying to make friends with the girls, and to figure out the two very different, very hot boys, is challenging enough. But when a serial killer begins recreating the details of her mother’s horrific crime scene, she realises just how dangerous life in The Naturals could be.
Goodreads

Review
Holy Cow this book was fantastic! I'm a huge fan of FBI crime drama on TV (Criminals Minds, etc) but I don't often read it. Sometimes though, it's good to climb out of your comfort zone and try something a little different.
What I really liked about the book is that, although it's about serial killers it's still a YA book at heart and I just love reading anything and everything YA.
When I first started The Naturals I found I was completely hooked from literally page one and ended up reading well into the night trying to figure out who the serial killer was. Surprisingly, I couldn't work it out (and I'm usually pretty good at that) and was really surprised with the ending (pleasantly so) which was left pretty open, in readiness for the sequel I guess, which I understand is coming November 2014. I definitely want to read more about Cassie and the other Naturals. Something to look forward to!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs