I love hearing about superstitions, I mean there are some pretty wacky ones out there! And goodness knows where they all come from. I think many of them are just old wives tales, don't you? Here are some I can think of...
* Don't walk under ladders.
* A black cat walking in front of you can be either good luck or bad luck, depending on what country you're coming from!
* A horse shoe is supposed to be good luck yet here in Portugal you often see them hanging upside down! Doesn't that mean that all the luck falls out? lol
* Friday 13th... need I say more?
* It's good luck if a bird poos on you! Er really? I don't think so (it has happened to me!)
* Four leaf covers equals good luck, er okay?!
* Crossing your fingers for good luck. Has it ever worked for you? (I do it all the time!)
* The number 666 equals evil, the devil, blah blah blah. If that's the case, then my cat is the devil as I once caught her on the fax machine, dialling 666!!
For more information about the YA Storytellers, visit their website.