The Society of YA Storytellers: My Top Ten actresses

10.10.14

Today we're talking our top tens. And we can choose any topic we like. Ooooh how exciting. I love so many things that I'm not sure where to start. What should I write about *taps fingernails on the desk*. Hmmmmm. Oh, I know!

My Top Ten Actresses in movies (I know it's not really to do with writing but most actresses are in a movie than was based on a book, right? lol!). This list is in no particular order.

1. Reese Witherspoon


One of my favourite movies is Sweet Home Alabama and she was just so darn cute.  But way before that, I remember a movie called The Man in the Moon which totally blew me away. I think I cried for days!

2. Sandra Bullock


Love Love Love her! I don't think I've ever seen a bad performance by this gorgeous gal. One of my all-time favourite movies is Practical Magic and she was just to die for in that film. I also watch Hope Floats quite often too, I just love it so much!

3. Anne Hathaway


I'm a bit of a kid at heart and I loved her in Ella Enchanted although I've seen her in more serious roles and she just knocks my socks off. And of course I can't forget The Devil Wears Prada!

4. Caitriona Balfe


I'm sure, like you, I'd never actually heard of her before Outlander but this woman can act! She's amazing. I'd love to see her in something else though to see how she can turn her skills to another genre but purely for Outlander, she makes my list!

5. Emily Blunt


I think Emily is one of the most beautiful actresses of our time, but maybe that has something to do with her voice as well. Did you see her in The Young Victoria? WOW what a performance!

6. Meryl Streep

This lady is in a league of her own.

7. Diane Keaton


She's been amazing in everything she's ever been in, whether it's classic or comedy, I just love her.

8. Julia Roberts


The original Hollywood darling, right? This woman can do no wrong. I had actually intended to find the Pretty Woman scene, you know the one with the jewellery box? But when I started looking at movie scenes, I remembered Eat Pray Love and just couldn't resist sharing this with you. 

9. Natalie Portman


She's just exquisite and her acting abilities? Well, what can I say? WOW! And I just love that she can go from exquisite ballerina to acting alongside Thor!!

10. Michelle Pfeiffer


I re-watched What Lies Beneath the other day and I couldn't take my eyes off the screen (even though I've seen it a dozen times!). She's got such amazing talent as a serious actress and then she goes and plays a witch in Stardust. She's simply incredible.


I must admit, I do have lots more favourites but these were the first to pop into my head. But what about you. Who are some of your favourite actresses?

4 comments :

  1. Sandra Bullock is in my top ten for sure! Good picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emerald! I think most people just love her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have a lot actresses I love! Reese Witherspoon and Anne Hathaway are high up on my list as well! Emily Blunt <3

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/10/sisterhood-of-world-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for updating the top ranking actresses list. Anne Hathaway is my favorite actress and I have seen her all of movies. Here is my favorite anne hathaway movies list. I will say only that she is a most beautiful lady in the Hollywood industry.

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs