Q is for Quiet #AtoZChallenge

20.4.15

This year my A to Z Challenge is all about wellbeing - something I'm particularly passionate about. Whether it's physical, emotional, mental, spiritual or even the wellbeing of my business, I want to lean more! Today it's all about Quiet.... so please sssshhhhhhhh :D


I think we all need some quiet time in our lives - especially in this day and age when 'noise' surrounds us almost everywhere we go. Whether it's the crowds of people in the cities and towns, the hum of the traffic in the distance, the television on in the background or the buzzing of computers and phones even closer to us - there's always some kind of noise going on.

At the moment, I can hear my washing machine gently cleaning our clothes and in the distance the sound of cars (or is it bikes?) whizzing around the race track (we only live a few kms away from the Algarve Autodrome) but sometimes I like to completely switch off (or should I say, I need to switch off?). The best place for me to relax in quiet time is in my summer house (where I also write my novels) or on the hammock (pictured with little Luna) - when the only thing that can be heard is the birds, which is actually really lovely. What about you? Where do you like to relax in silence and have some 'me' time?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs