T is for Tea #AtoZChallenge

23.4.15

This year my A to Z Challenge is all about wellbeing - something I'm particularly passionate about. Whether it's physical, emotional, mental, spiritual or even the wellbeing of my business, I want to lean more! Today it's all about Tea :D
Considering I'm English, I don't drink a ridiculous amount of tea like my sister or my step father-in-law who both probably consume over 30 cups a day! I'm not much of a traditional English tea person, either. When I want a cuppa, I usually choose Rooibos and I like to have a spoonful of honey in it and a little almond milk (or lactose-free milk). No  caffeine, no tannins and the super goodness of honey! Delicious.
photo credit: Tea time via photopin (license)
Sometimes in the evening after dinner, I might have a nice cup of something. My hubby is quite obsessed with healthy tea so we have tonnes of the stuff in the cupboards, such as mint (several varieties), Lapsang Suchon, earl grey, darjeeling, sage, yogi (one of my favourites, naturally), camomile, green, eucalyptus (which smells like the mountains where I live) and more!
If either of us is feeling a little under the weather, he'll make us some special tea which is particularly delicious and super healthy:

Ingredients
Fresh Ginger (about an inch - or more if you like it 'spicier')
Lemon
Honey
Water

Grate the ginger into a saucepan and add a litre or so of water. Leave to boil for five minutes. Then take it off the heat, add a couple of slices of lemon and a spoonful of honey, mix. Drink while it's warm. Mmmmmmmm
The trouble is when hubby makes it, he tends to put loads of ginger in it which gives me hiccups!
You can also try adding some freshly grated turmeric for added benefits, which is just as delicious if not a little of the sweet side.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs