V is for Vacation #AtoZChallenge

25.4.15

This year my A to Z Challenge is all about wellbeing - something I'm particularly passionate about. Whether it's physical, emotional, mental, spiritual or even the wellbeing of my business, I want to lean more! Today it's all about Vacations :D
Ok, so I'm not American and I tend not to use the word vacation. In England we use the word holiday but it means the same thing so hey, who cares, right?
Beautiful Alberta!
Anyway, what would our wellbeing be like if we didn't take a vacation every now and again (even if it's two days to your nearest city)? Hubby and I LOVE to travel and one of our all-time favourite holidays took place in Canada back in 2009 where we visited Alberta and British Columbia. It was so beautiful - it literally took my breath away every single day that we were there. Then a couple of years later we returned, but this time we headed to Ontario and Quebec which was a really cool holiday too. Sadly, our friend broke her wrist whilst ice skating on Ottawa's frozen canal which wasn't so nice :(
We've also been to Vegas and New York - OMG talk about amazing! And more recently to the eastern side (but you've all seen my Universal Studios pics, right? lol).
New York, New York!
We regularly take vacations to our home country - the UK - where I always fall in love with the countryside (I love the greenness of it), the cute and quirky old villages, not to mention the amazing cathedrals, castles and general old world architecture. I just love it over there.
The famous Lello Bookstore in Oporto
I should also mention that where we live is a pretty hot holiday destination too. Portugal is beautiful in it's own right, known for its stunning golden beaches and multitude of golf courses. The weather is quite often gorgeous (although I'm snuggled up in my hubby's cozy fleece at the moment because it's on the chilly side). We spent 10 days in the Azores a few years ago and that was so beautiful too. Almost like we'd stepped back in time. But we often nip up to Lisbon for a long weekend, or across to Spain. Oporto was beautiful - we drove there for a wedding anniversary a few years ago. There's lots to see here, I can tell you!
What about you? Where do you like to go for a vacation?

2 comments :

  1. Oh my, I wish I could afford a vacation. Usually I never take one. The closest I've come to a vacation is going to see my family several states away and I do that about every five years or so. Once I stayed away almost twenty years and didn't recognize my sisters. Of course all my neices were grown up too with their own kids.

    You're fortunate you can travel. I'd love to see the UK, Scotland, Wales and Ireland but I probably won't ever get to. Good thing I have lots of books. I usually do my traveling through them or TV specials. And I feel blessed in my life despite the lack of money. I have my health and we all need that.

    Sunni

    http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometime a vacation is just to nip over to the bordering state... but I know it's not easy. It can be very expensive to go on holiday! We don't have any kids so it makes travel a little more affordable for us! It must have been so strange seeing your sisters after so many years. I often go a few years not seeing my siblings but the moment we meet up, it's like we've been together for years! Thanks for stopping by, Sunni :) x

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs