Roller skating

24.4.09

Hubby and I have taken up skating. I have a great pair of roller boots that allows me to stand up straight, while he has a flash pair of inline skates.

As a kid, my best friend and I used to skate almost every day, up and down the roads outside our houses, across to the park, occasionally to a roller disco – but that’s going back some (and we were very, very young!). The roller discos were big in the early eighties but I doubt if they even exist today. Having said that, almost everything else that was big in the eighties seems to be making a comeback so maybe we’ll be in luck?

Although, I doubt that I could actually dance on skates now. Back then, I was a bit of a mover and shaker – these days, moving and shaking just leaves me in a heap on the floor, with grazes on my knees and bruises on my bum (although it has a fair amount more padding now than it used to).

Today, we take our skates down to the local marina, where the surface is just perfect for skating. Half an hour to an hour and I can’t take any more. It’s not that my muscles ache, or anything, it’s that the boots keep your feet so rigid that your feet hurt so much. But it certainly is lots of fun!

1 comment :

  1. Hey Suzy, You and I were Clifton Park's answer to Torville and Dean! I wish I still had those blue rollerboots with the rainbow on the heel and bright yellow wheels xx

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs