A trip for two reasons

9.4.09

I have just returned from a short trip to the UK. Sadly it was for the funeral of my step mother-in-law’s brother-in-law. He was in his early eighties, but it still came as a bit of a shock to the family. He was a much loved gentleman in the community and the service was attended by a vast number of people from the little village in which he lived in Northamptonshire.
Although my husband and I are not direct blood family members, we are always treated as such, and it never fails to touch me how warm they are towards us. I do hope they will continue to visit us, even though my step mother in law is no longer with us, and she was obviously the main person they had always come to see.
The funeral was not the only reason for our visit, it was also the ideal opportunity to see my fifth nephew for the very first time. Born last September, we had not had the chance to fly over until recently. My sister’s fifth baby (all boys), is an absolute cutie! Seeing the little ones never fails to make me broody; hubby, on the other hand, seems to get a little traumatised just at the mere thought of having to hold the little ‘un. I put him on his lap, and my dear hubby froze – not wanting to move a muscle. The 7 month old didn’t seem to mind, however, happily looking him straight in the face with a smile and a gurgle. The look of absolute terror on hubby’s face led me to remove the babe from his vicinity. Hopefully, should we ever have our own, he might be a little different!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs