The girl and the dove

23.11.10

I've just read the sweetest story about a young girl in England who was walking home from school when she was befriended by a white dove.
Apparently, the bird watched her from afar and then flew in and sat on her shoulder and wouldn't leave her alone!
It has now become a permanent pet at home... it's very cute. Check it out here...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1331967/Lovey-dovey-The-bird-bonded-teenage-girl-following-home-school.html
Last night I dreamt about pets... the most adorable tiny puppies and kittens were hidden all over our garden. I wonder what that means? They were so cute though, I didn't want to wake up!

3 comments :

  1. A beautiful story! I know this is hard to believe, but I had a similar experience with a white dove about 18 years ago. I was driving my daughter to the hospital for some diagnostic tests when I saw the bird in a tree near the road a few miles from my home. Seeing the bird gave me a peaceful feeling and I thought then that my daughter would be all right. When I got home later that day the dove showed up in my yard and stayed. My daughter did get better and the white dove became a welcome addition to our back yard.

    I also dream about pets. I don't know what it means, but it is always a comforting dream.

    Thanks for sharing the post, Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie... how wonderful! I think your story is, in fact, much more intriguing than the one from the Daily Mail! I do believe in 'signs' and the dove in the tree and then in your garden was certainly a great sign for both you and your daughter.
    I must check out what dreaming of pets really means... if I find out, I shall let you know!
    All the best
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only starting reading your blog today. My plan is to read every post. I really enjoy the blog.

    Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

    -Delaney
    doahss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs