A special day to remember

1.11.10

Today is a very special day in the Portuguese calender. 1st November is Dia todos os santos, all saints day. It's the one day of the year for us to remember all those saints and martyres but particularly to remember the loved ones we have lost over the years.
Many of the cemeteries throughout the country are the focus of many folks' attention... visitors wanting to spend some time with the 'spirits' and memories of family members and friends who have passed away.
I have lost so many close loved ones in my life time... many of whom were cremated, their ashes scattered in places close to their hearts - the ocean, at the roots of special trees and so on. It is for this reason that I have no need to visit the cemeteries... I just remember my beloved family members and friends wherever I am in the world. The memory of them all will stay with me forever, regardless of where I am, and wherever they are.
Mum, Grandad, Lillian, Bill, Carol, Fred, Pippa, Malcolm, Emi, Matthew, Yoda, Megan... I will never forget you xx

1 comment :

  1. To see a lovely pic of my late mother, visit http://suzyturner.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/remembering-those-we-have-lost/

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs