More from the Big Apple

21.3.11

I Heart New YorkI Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I picked up this book after reading another fab book about New York (Fairytale of New York by Miranda Dickinson). I am clearly having my own NY moment! And yes, both made me desperate to visit the Big Apple again soon.

I wasn't disappointed. I Heart New York is the perfect holiday read... not only is it easy to get into and easy to read, but it doesn't require any amount of serious concentration.

There were a number of slightly cheesy, predictable moments but they also make the book fun and perfect for when you want total chick lit escapism.

at times, I Heart New York reminded me of the Shopaholic Series, especially with main character Angela Clarke often using her credit card to make herself feel better whenever she was feeling down (and she does have a lot to feel down about in the beginning).

Although I thoroughly enjoyed I Heart New York, I did find some aspects a little too unbelievable... I won't mention which bits though because I don't want to spoil it for you.

If you're going on holiday and need a really easy beach read, then you can't go wrong with I Heart New York (in fact, I've already bought Lindsey Kelk's other book, I Heart Paris!).



View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs