My first James Patterson

9.4.11

7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club #7)7th Heaven by James Patterson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This is the first time I've read a James Patterson book. In fact, it's probably the first time I've ever read anything in this genre (crime drama, I'm guessing??!).
It was given to me by a friend who assured me I would like it. She had read it, her husband had read it and they'd thoroughly enjoyed it.
Well... I guess I did like it but I was surprised by the style. To be honest, I expected something a lot more intricate, if that's the right word. No, it's not really. Something more impressive by a writer who has sold so many thousands (or millions) of copies. But then, on the other hand, the style is easy to read and straight to the point. In fact, it's a style I prefer. I know, I know, I'm kind of contradicting myself here! I wasn't disappointed with the writing, I just expected something different.
I will probably read more James Patterson in the future. This book has certainly opened my eyes to more genres than I usually read so I am grateful for that.



View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs