A new fan of the House of Night series

9.4.11

Marked (House of Night, #1)Marked by P.C. Cast

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Another book recommended to me by my fantasy book-loving sister, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Written by mother and daughter team PC and Kristin cast, Marked is written in the first person, from the point of view of the main character, teenager Zoey... and it's obvious from the start that she is a teenager by the style of writing. On occasion, I did find some sentences a little unnecessary (the bits in brackets) which I felt had been added to emphasize her age. PC and Kristin write well enough without having to reiterate such points.

Another comment that should be mentioned is that, unlike a lot of YA books I have read, there is a fair amount of swear words and sexual references in the book... although this doesn't bother me at all (!), some readers might be surprised!

I thought the story flowed really well and the characters were by and far very likable.

This is the first in the House of Night series and it most certainly won't be the last one that I read. I can pretty much say that I am a new-found fan!



View all my reviews

3 comments :

  1. Great to hear of this success. Many more YA seem to be far more realistic today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The House of Night series is great overall. Some of the books, though, aren't as good as the three. I agree that there was more sexual content and swearing than I anticipated, but overall, I loved the books. I can't wait to see what they come up with for the movie, if it's still a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved The House of Night also! It's not the best written series, but there is just something about it that sucks you in. The world that's bult is awesome!

    I just wish there weren't so many books in this series! I don't want to have to wait so long to see how it's all going to end! LOL

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs