Guest Author: Shalini Boland

8.6.11

Books and music are my passion and I’ve always been a writer in some shape or form. Before children, I was signed to Universal Music as a singer songwriter. I had the opportunity to collaborate with some amazing musicians and songwriters and was lucky enough to sing with Basement Jaxx on their album Rooty and live on stage. But that all seems like several lifetimes ago now.

Since the arrival of my little monsters, I combine motherhood with writing Teen Fiction. I write the kinds of books I love to read - gripping young adult adventures with a spattering of romance and a sprinkling of horror.



HIDDEN, the first book in The Marchwood Vampire Series, is a romantic paranormal adventure that spans the centuries from modern England to 19th century Paris. It starts off in gritty urban reality but soon ramps up into historical adventure, archaeological digs, ancient legends and romance across time: On Madison Greene’s sixteenth birthday, her life in foster care ends when she becomes the heir to a fortune. But she also inherits something else along with the money, something secret and hidden that shouldn’t be disturbed … DUN DUN DU-U-UNN!!!

HIDDEN: The book trailer

I’m stupendously excited about the next two in the series. I have them all mapped out – I just need to get on and finish them. THICKER THAN BLOOD, the second book in the series, should be finished by the end of 2011 and it focuses on the chilling 8th century Byzantine vampires, as well as more from my main characters, Maddy and Alexandre.



July 2011 sees the release of my post-apocalyptic romantic teen thriller, OUTSIDE. The story follows Riley who lives in the near future, behind the safety of the perimeter fence. She’s always been shielded from the dangers facing those on the outside. But when her younger sister is murdered, she ventures out beyond the perimeter, into the wilderness of a very different Britain, to track down the killer.

HIDDEN is selling well so far and seems to be getting great reviews. I’ll probably cry when I get my first rubbish one, but that’s the way it is with this creative life and I wouldn’t change it. Thanks, Suzy, for giving me the chance to waffle on. You’re a star! Here are my links:
http://www.shaliniboland.co.uk http://www.facebook.com/Hidden.MarchwoodVampireSeries
HIDDEN on Kindle: http://amzn.to/k63SdY
HIDDEN on Smashwords: http://bit.ly/iNGSny
HIDDEN on Barnes&Noble: http://bit.ly/k2mIiI

Suzy: HIDDEN is my favourite YA fantasy book EVER. I highly recommend it... you certainly won't be disappointed!

4 comments :

  1. Sounds like a plan Shalini!
    Thicker than blood has really fired my imagination. I love your book trailer as well; so it looks like it's thumbs up all round from me then, lol.
    A very interesting interview with a very interesting lady, thank you both very much.
    Richard Rhys Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview and I love the book trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to post on here about Shalini Boland, my computer wouldn't comply! Miss Boland, thank you so so much for your vampires and making them a series. I will Never get enough vampire fantasy and Hidden is exactly what I want/need in an excellent fanged story. It's so nice to be able to look forward to a vampire saga again. Forever thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. And thanks again Suzy for championing Hidden - I so appreciate it xx

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs