Q&A with author Megg Jensen

22.6.11

A very warm welcome to Anathema and Oubliette author Megg Jensen...

Have you ever read a book that made you think 'wow'? If so, what book was it and why did it have such an effect on you?
My favorite book of all time is The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I've read it quite a few times and every time I think, "WOW!" Her mastery of language and her ability to give a legend new life impresses me.

Who is your favourite author and why?

Haha, it's definitely Marion Zimmer Bradley, for all the reasons listed above.

Who, or what, inspires you?
My inspiration usually comes from the strangest places. Anathema was inspired by one fanciful comment my daughter made about the clouds. My son is adopted and one night some random thinking about him led to the inspiration for my upcoming novel, Sleepers. Inspiration usually strikes when I'm not looking for it.

Where is your favourite place to write?
In my bed with my laptop. It's usually the only place I can find quiet or be alone.

What is your book about?
Anathema - Reychel is a slave girl surrounded by magic, lies and manipulation. Her best friend disappears in the middle of the night leaving Reychel to face her fifteenth birthday, the day her master burns his brand into the back of her bald head, alone. She's sheltered from the outside world and doesn't have any hope for escape, but when people desperate for freedom ask for her help can Reychel learn to believe in herself?

Oubliette - Reychel thought she was finally free. She was wrong.
Everyone saw her gift of prophecy as a blessing, but her gift is uncontrollable. No one alive can teach her to manipulate her unique gift and the answers she needs lie buried within a madman’s journals.
She’s thrust in the midst of a brewing war and the only uniting factor for her people is their belief in the Prophet. Will Reychel learn to control her gift or will she be forced to deliver a false prophecy that could lead her people into a violent war?

What is your favourite film that was based on a book?

Jurassic Park! Lord of the Rings Trilogy! Harry Potter movies! Please, don't make me choose. :)

If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the main characters?



I would love to see Molly Quinn play Reychel, Abigail Breslin play Ivy, and Alexander Ludwig for Mark. 

Tell us a random fact about yourself.
Before kids I went swing dancing six nights a week. I miss dancing on a regular basis so much, but evenings at home snuggling on the couch with kids is fantastic too.

Thanks, Megg and best of luck with your books. I can't wait to read them!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs