Q&A with author Tiffany Lovering

12.8.11

A very warm welcome to author of Tamporlea, Tiffany Lovering...

Name one book that made you think 'wow'? Why did it have such an effect on you?
Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives by Dan Millman. The whole Peaceful Warrior series is amazing and I think that there are a lot of life lessons within the books that anyone could apply to their own life.

Who is your favourite author and why?
Stephenie Meyer, mostly because of her personal story. I think it’s amazing that a dream completely changed her life in a matter of a few months. I also love the way that her books are paranormal but still grounded in reality. The Host is my favorite book of all time because of the way she intertwines reality with sci-fi.

Name one of your all-time favourite book covers?
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I chose this cover because I didn’t start reading the series until all four books were released. However, I remember when it was just Twilight and I would pick up the book, love the cover art, read the back and place it back on the shelf. (About 100 times in three years) I didn’t think I would like the book at all considering I have no interest in vampires. I wished it was about anything other than vampires because I loved the cover art so much.

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why?
Stephenie Meyer, Karen McQuestion, Jodi Picoult and JK Rowling because I love all of their books and I think it would be an amazing dinner party.

Who, or what, inspires you?
A lot of things inspire me but I would have to say it’s mostly photographs that really get me writing. I started writing Tamporlea because of a photo I had of a small mountain. If I’m in the middle of a book and I am blocked, it’s my daughter, Allison, who gets me back in the swing of things because of her constant check-ins on how many words/pages I’ve written on my latest book.

Where is your favourite place to write?
On my couch in my living room because it is comfortable and I tend to change positions a lot so a chair just isn’t going to work for me. I usually have my back to the TV and my iPod blaring in my ears.

What is your favourite film that was based on a book?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix because I think the fight between Dumbledore and Voldemort is epic. I also think the movie is very close to the book which is very difficult to accomplish.

What is your book about?
The Tamporlea Trilogy is about a young girl, Jasmine, who discovers that she can be Queen in a kingdom of magical gypsies. Throughout her journey she encounters betrayal, war between the three gypsy kingdoms and a love she can’t ignore.






If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the main characters?


Jasmine would be Hailee Steinfeld, Cali would be Evanna Lynch and Tyran would be Matt Czuchry.

Tell us a random fact about yourself.
I have been obsessed with the number 27 since I was about 10 years old and try to use the number in some way in all of my books.

Tell us something interesting about the area where you live.
Amsterdam, NY is the home of the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum. Also, the old National Guard Armory is now a bed and breakfast called Amsterdam Castle and has been featured on many shows and movie productions.

Winter or summer? Summer
Ebook or paperback? Ebook
Favourite food? Corned Beef
Sporty or couch potato? Couch Potato
Cook or be cooked for? Be cooked for.
Blog: http://tiffanysuelovering.blogspot.com/
Website: tiffanylovering.webs.com

Thanks, Tiffany! You're definitely the first person I've 'met' with an obsession for a number! Intriguing. I shall look out for it when I read Tamporlea!

1 comment :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs