Q&A with author Tammy Gagnon

19.9.11

A very warm welcome to author Tammy Gagnon.

Who, or what, inspires you?
Anyone that has overcome great obstacles and helps people by their own experiences

Where is your favourite place to write?
In my living room with the fountain flowing, the candles lit and my dog Karma at my feet

What is your favourite film that was based on a book?
Not without my child played by Sally Field (this is 1 of many true storys)

What is your your book about?
My true story about overcoming challenges as a child and young adult, now helping others & educating parents on what to do if your child is a victim

If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the main characters?
Sandra Bullock

Tell us a random fact about yourself.
I am very spiritual and believe in Metaphysics

Tell us something interesting about the area where you live.
I was born in DC and live right outside of it now so I frequent museums.
I also see the fighter jets and plane shows fly over my home frequently .
I also see the Helicopters that carry the president & important military people fly over, including being just a few miles from where Obama plays golf at Ft Belvoir.

Winter or summer? Virginia enjoys the 4 seasons

Ebook or paperback? Paperback

Favourite food? Anything seafood but I love trying new foods from different cultures

Sporty or couch potato? Im a home body but love working in the garden or playing with my dog Karma outdoors..I love the water so Im normally near a pool, beach or lake whenever possible

Cook or be cooked for? Now that my children are grown, I don't cook as I used to or eat a meal as I used to. Often so busy I forget to eat until evening

Link to your website: http://Tammygagnon.com

One in three women is a victim of sexual abuse before they turn 19. No Longer Silent could be the story of your friend or neighbor, your parent or your lover. No Longer Silent might be your story. No Longer Silent is the life story of Tammy Gagnon.
Tammy left home at 14, fleeing an incestuous childhood. Running from guilt and shame too overwhelming for any little girl, Tammy experienced further betrayal and feelings of worthlessness, suffering from additional sexual assaults on her young body. Turning to alcohol and drugs numbed the pain for short periods. After years of attempting to numb the pain this resulted in more questions than answers. “Why didn’t I tell? Why me? Why can’t I cry? What is wrong with me?” She was out of control and destructive. She ended up in prison.
How does a young woman battle back from the edge to thrive with a new life? How did she stop blaming herself and overcome such a challenging childhood? At great cost, Tammy is finally ready to end the silence and speak her truth, as she never has before. She shares her journey from horror to that of one she is grateful and happier than ever before.
Tammy Gagnon is on a mission to help others claim their voices and speak their truth. In No Longer Silent, Tammy shares her journey and life lessons about forgiveness and rebuilding … of learning to love herself wholly, and to overcome the darkness of her past with a new message of love and light for all. That Tammy made it out alive is a miracle. That her story is inspiring others to find their voices and claim healthier lives is Tammy’s greatest blessing.
Tammy Gagnon is grateful to have survived years of pain and horror. When not writing and helping others find their voice. Tammy thrives in Virginia where she lives happily as a mother and grandmother, treasuring every moment with her family and furry friend, Karma.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs