Q&A with author Pam Richter

9.11.11

A very warm welcome to the lovely author, Pam Richter....

Name one book that made you think 'wow'? Why did it have such an effect on you?
Recently I read The Mill River Recluse by Darcy Chan. It was excellent. The effect was the need for several hankys during the last quarter of the novel. It was beautifully written, describing the life of an emotionally hurt woman who was isolated, but compassionate with the people she viewed from her lonely vigil above a town.

Who is your favourite author and why?
I started reading John Sandford's novels about twenty years ago. If offered a book written by him, in his Prey series, I would probably pick it over any other offering by another author. I like Sandford because he doesn't write down. He expects his readers to get his dry wit and understand the plot. I enjoy following the life of his main character, Lucas Davenport, in the novels.

Name one of your all-time favourite book covers?

I hope it's okay to give one of my own. When I found the cover picture for The Necromancer I couldn't believe it. In the first scene of the novel The Necromancer is looking into a magic crystal. The heroine, Michelle, is tall with black hair. Wiccans hold ceremonies under a full moom. It was all there. The tall black haired beautiful Michelle, holding a crystal, under a full moon, going through a doorway, depicting the changes she goes through in the novel.

Pam, I think this is a GORGEOUS cover!!

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why?
I would sit with my chin in my hand and just listen. Super fun to see the following authors interact: Lee Child, John Sandford, Stephen King, Nelson Demille, Kay Kenyon, Nora Roberts, Robert Heinlein, Christian Cantrel, Darcy Chan, Andre Jute.

Who, or what, inspires you?
Novels of course. But many times a situation I imagine will seem to pop into my mind. Then come the characters, and how they react to something unusual in their life. It tends to be involved, and I envy writers who can put out short stories. Mine always turn into novels.

Where is your favourite place to write?
At home. The computer sits on my round glass dining room table. I'll probably never eat there again.

What is your favourite film that was based on a book?
Gone With The Wind. The film is quite old, but I can't remember any movies that reached the quality of the books I have read.

What is your your book about?
 I've written three novels, in different genres. The Living Image is a thriller. It was published by New Concepts. Then came The Necromancer, a paranormal. Finally, I wrote Midnight Reflections, a romantic suspense. I guess each book has themes that recur. There is romance in each of them. There are friendship bonds that the main character relies upon. So I suspect that although the novels are in different genres, there are similarities that can be found.

If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the main characters?
I can't even imagine because the characters are so specific in my mind. If they look right, the attitude is all wrong.

Tell us a random fact about yourself.
I'm an identical twin.

Tell us something interesting about the area where you live.
The biggest Halloween parade in the world is in West Hollywood. 145,000 people attended this year. I live two blocks away. A very wild night last month.

Winter or summer? Summer
Ebook or paperback? Ebook
Favourite food? Ice Cream
Sporty or couch potato? Sporty
Cook or be cooked for? Rather write. Cook for me, please.

Link to your website: http://anauthorsplace.weebly.com/index.html

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs