YA Indie Carnival: Luck o' the Irish

16.3.12

Luck. Some say that you either have it or you don't. Perhaps you 'make' your own luck? I don't know really. I guess I've always considered myself to be lucky in a different sense. Lucky to have been born to such a loving family. Lucky to have met the wonderful man (who I would eventually marry) when I was just 16. Lucky to be able to do what I love (write). Lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful friends. Lucky to have choices. Lucky to be living in a part of the world where I can choose. Perhaps luck isn't the best word, in retrospect.
On the other hand, my family got lucky many years ago when my Dad won the lottery. It wasn't a truly massive amount... just enough for him to change the course of our lives, I guess. It enabled us to move into a large comfortable family home in England and take lots of wonderful holidays before we eventually moved to the sunny Algarve where I've been ever since.
Have you been lucky in your life? I'd love to hear your stories!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
For more lucky stories, click the links below to read what my my fellow Carnis have to say this week:

2. Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3. Heather Self
22. Courtney Cole Writes

Click here for more Indie News:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs