Author Interview: Amber Argyle

8.9.12


Your new YA book, Witch Born, is coming out this September, tell us a little about it.
Witch Born follows Brusenna as she learns that Haven is not the sanctuary she thought. Unknown dangers plague the last of the Witches from within and without. The visit from the Creators has left Senna with more than memories--her powers are changing and putting her in more danger than ever, which strains her relationship with Joshen.
Will Joshen and Senna's relationship survive? Will Brusenna?

What inspired you to write the Witch Song series?
I wanted to twist something often portrayed as dark and evil and twist it into something beautiful. So I took ugly chanting Witches and turned them into beautiful singers. Their songs grow plants and change the seasons.
For my main character, I wanted someone shy, uncertain girls could relate to. Brusenna starts off as very mousy, but she grows into a strong, confident woman. I wanted to show young girls that often feel weak that they are born strong, they just have to nurture it.

How many more books are you planning in the series?
Witch Song
Witch Born
And then a prequel novella entitled Witch War that should come out in 2013.

If your books were made into a movie, who would you like to play the main characters?
Photo credit: discutivo via photo pin cc
Photo credit: gdcgraphics via photo pin cc
Joshen would be played by Chris Hemsworth (who I have a major crush on).
Lee Na-young would play Mistin
Meaghan Jette Martin or Emma Robert can play Brusenna.
Cord: Song Seung Heon or Ko Soo

What is your favourite movie that was based on a book?
LOTR

Name one book that made you think 'wow'? Why did it have such an effect on you?
I just read Born Wicked and adored it. I love historical fantasy. It’s going to be hot in the next few years, and books like this is why.

Tell us a random fact about yourself.
I can curl my tongue into a scallop shape. Also, I have a weakness for shopping. It’s my kryptonite.

Tell us something interesting about the area where you live.
I can be in the mountains/national forest in about five minutes. We love to go up and roast marshmallows and hot dogs (not in that order).

http://www.facebook.com/amberargylesmith
https://twitter.com/amberargyle
http://www.amberargyle.blogspot.com

It was a real pleasure having you on my blog, Amber! Best of luck with Witch Born!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs