#YAIndieCarnival: Pictures from the carnival -- where we write

14.9.12


This week, it's all about pictures from the carnival - where we write. Sadly, I haven't got my own cozy little office. Instead I tend to write at the end of my long wooden dining table which is situated right in the middle of our open plan, living / dining room / kitchen.

Its actually not a bad place to write to be honest although when we eventually move (whether it be to England, Scotland, America or Canada!), I'm hoping for an office all of my own that I can decorate in such a way that will inspire me!. So for now, I have to make do with this little corner of the house. You can't see from the photo, but I actually sit under the stairs... my own little 'cupboard under the stairs' so to speak!
I use my exercise ball as much as possible to save my back - I used to suffer terribly with back ache, but since using this (and seeing a chiropractor once a month), it's a heck of a lot better.
My trusty notebook (from the Twilight collection, actually), goes me with everywhere. I feel awful if I leave the house and forget it... if I'm hit with inspiration without it, I don't know what I'd do!
My Kindle is usually next to me whilst writing, so if I hit a wall, I can just open it up and read a few chapters of someone else's book (I'm currently reading A Shirtful of Frogs by Shalini Boland. Its an adorable World War II Time Slip novel for kids). Something that always relaxes me enough to kickstart the cogs of my brain!
And I mustn't forget my pink laptop. Before I started writing full time, I didn't have my own computer. I just used my husband's but I kept on at him that if I was going to write seriously, I needed my own, and it needed it be pink!
I was right of course, once I'd finally taken delivery of this awesome machine, I wrote Raven! I would hate to be without it. Back then though, I wrote all over the house. It was difficult because our downstairs bathroom was being renovated and you can imagine the noise! Not to mention the mess! Much of Raven was written outside (not easy with such bright sunlight) and lying on my bed... which gave me horrendous back ache that I ended up having to go and have a professional sports massage (it was so good though!).
To see more pictures from the carnival, where we right, check out my awesome fellow carnis...

1. Laura A. H. Elliott author of Winnemucca & 13 on Halloween, Book 1 in the Teen Halloween Series
2. Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series

2 comments :

  1. What's important is that you are productive in your writing space! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, SA! I'm curious now to see where you write your books? Perhaps that's a post for your blog? Let me know if you do!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs