J is for Junk #AtoZChallenge

11.4.15

This year my A to Z Challenge is all about wellbeing - something I'm particularly passionate about. Whether it's physical, emotional, mental, spiritual or even the wellbeing of my business, I'm passionate about it! Today it's all about Junk :D


We all have it - junk hidden somewhere in our homes. You might be one of those people who saves everything because one day you just might need it. I used to be like that until one day I had an epiphany (okay, maybe not an epiphany - I just realised I didn't need it all any more) and decided to have a proper clear out. Now I no longer hold on to clothes that fitted me perfectly when I was twenty years old or that book I bought seventeen years ago even though I knew I'd never read it, or the mountains of Christmas cards sent by friends and family over the years.
photo credit: My Dad's a Hoarder via photopin (license)
These days I frequently clear out my wardrobe, drawers and cabinets and throw out anything I haven't used in a year. It's actually quite cathartic to do it, as well as leaving more space for new stuff (he he he - I love shopping!).
There's a TV show in the UK about people who hoard stuff and I'm always amazed how people can live like that (these people are serious hoarders with stuff piled from floor to ceiling in every room - including hallways. Some can barely get in and out of their homes!). I know I couldn't. I dislike clutter now and finding myself much better able to relax in a room devoid of too many things.
Plus, it feels really good to give things away - either to friends or the local charity shop.
How about you? Are you a hoarder? Are you wanting to change? Just take it one step at a time... but remember that you will feel so much better once you've cleared out the junk :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs