M is for Music #AtoZChallenge

15.4.15

This year my A to Z Challenge is all about wellbeing - something I'm particularly passionate about. Whether it's physical, emotional, mental, spiritual or even the wellbeing of my business, I'm passionate about it! Today it's all about Music :D

Want to change your mood? Listen to some music. Seriously, it's one of the best ways to get you in the mood for a party, or for something else (wink, wink... Barry White anybody?). I use music to help me whilst writing certain scenes in my books. If I'm writing a troubling urban fantasy chapter or a fight scene, for instance, then there's nothing better than something dark and foreboding. Writing a romantic scene? Then listen to something that portrays the mood of the characters. I've got several playlists on iTunes that I listen to, depending on what I'm writing and they always help to some extent. It was particularly helpful whilst writing And Then There Was You - which has quite a few saucy love scenes in it. One of my favourites at the time was Let's Get it On by Marvin Gaye :D



2 comments :

  1. Music is amazing, on many levels. I'm glad you have found a way to make it work with your writing. I'm not so lucky that way - I need complete silence, only the tapping of my keys is tolerated. LOL Oh, and the wheezing of my wee dog, she's allowed to fill the air with her life's breath!

    I enjoyed your M post. :)

    Jenny, Pearson Report
    2015 A to Z Challenge Ambassador
    @PearsonReport

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by, Jenny! I can just imagine your little dog wheezing away. It's funny the things that we tolerate whilst working at the keyboard! :D

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs