Z is for Zzzzzzzzz #AtoZChallenge

30.4.15

This year my A to Z Challenge is all about wellbeing - something I'm particularly passionate about. Whether it's physical, emotional, mental, spiritual or even the wellbeing of my business, I want to lean more! Today it's all about Zzzzzzzzz :D
Sleep, snooze, nap, zzzzzzz, forty winks, doze, shut eye - whatever you call it, sleep is super important to our wellbeing. Getting enough of the zzz's can help protect your mental health, physical health and quality of life.

Image courtesy of tiverylucky at Free Digital Photos
Did you know?
Humans spend a third of their lives sleeping.
The record for the longest period without sleep is 11 days!
Getting less than 7 hours a sleep every night reduces your life expectancy.
Lack of sleep can cause weight gain.
A snail can sleep for three years!
So they don't float apart, sea otters hold hands whilst sleeping (so sweet!)
Generally, we get better sleep during a new moon phase and worse sleep during a full moon.
Cats sleep for 70% of their lives!
More calories are burned sleeping than watching TV.
Research has found that women have significantly more sleep than men.
For more fascinating facts about sleep (and other stuff), check out this awesome site.

And that's it! This year's A to Z Challenge is finished and I did it. YAY!! I hope you enjoyed my posts. I know I had fun writing them... it was especially exciting writing about something I'm so passionate about. I hope that came across! Anyway, stay healthy and stay happy people.
Namaste
xoxox

2 comments :

  1. Sleep is one of those things that I *know* is so important but seems to slip away easily when I got to bed late and wake up early. It helps that I don't watch TV at night right before sleep, and wind down with a book or some light stretching (yoga!). Congratulations on finishing the A to Z Challenge by the way. You rule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Heather! It's really cool to have 'met' you online recently :) xx

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs