YA Indie Carnival: Block Busters

2.3.12

What do you do when you're, ah...BLOCKED! When you've written your characters into a corner, or maybe a black hole, and they can't get out? What do you do when you stare at that blinking cursor in the middle of the night? How do you bust your blocks?
Image courtesy: Free Digital Photos

I find the only thing I can is to get away from the computer, away from the story and do something completely different. Perhaps read a couple of books by other awesome writers or listen to some music. As we talked about last week, there's nothing better than a great piece of music to get the imagination running again. Or a movie? Anything that will make me think about something else always seems to help. Because I'm not thinking about it too much, I find that light bulb moment happens much easier!
So what about you? What do you do to loosen up the cogs of your imagination?
See what my other, awesome, fellow Carnis, do by clicking the links below...

2. Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3. Heather Self
22. Courtney Cole Writes

Click here for more Indie News:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs