YA Indie Carnival: Last day of school

19.5.12


I know I'm a little late but better late than never... and it sure is great to be back :)
In this week's Carnival we're talking about graduation / last day of school scenes. The only scene in The Raven Saga which comes close to this subject is where Lilly is leaving England and she has to say goodbye to her elderly neighbours Dorothy and June as well as her best friend, December. Check it out...

...... I waited until they could no longer see me and then the tears that I had managed to keep at bay for so long, began to stream down my face. I don't know how I'd managed to keep from crying for so many weeks, but I felt as though the tears had been building up as I sobbed and sobbed in the back of that car, as I drove away from the only life I'd ever known.
I cried not only for my missing parents and for leaving my home behind, but because I would desperately miss those two ladies who had become like family to me. I would miss them, and I would miss December.
I didn't know how I would live without her, but she had promised to keep in touch. “Lilly Taylor, you're my best friend in the whole world. I can't imagine life without you but we'll manage... for now. It won't be too long until we're together again. We'll see each other soon,” she'd said the day before as we'd hugged goodbye. It had sounded so rehearsed but I figured it needed to be, otherwise we would have just been in floods of tears. She was the brightest star in my life and I couldn't imagine being without her.....
For more graduation stories, check out these awesome carnis...
2. Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3. Heather Self
22. Courtney Cole Writes

Click here for more Indie News:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs